The Mazatlán International Center, a dynamic, state-of-the-art meeting facility nestled in the beautiful Marina Mazatlán, will host the 43rd edition of Tianguis Turístico, the highly anticipated global travel and tourism event, April 15-18, 2018.
Tianguis Turístico will welcome everyone from top executives in the airline, cruise line and hotel industries to leading tour operators, entrepreneurs, media, press, and travel bloggers from over 80 countries.
“This is an event of enormous magnitude and brings together the best and most influential people in the travel and tourism industry from across the world, and it comes at a time when México is experiencing tremendous growth in international air, vehicle, cruise line travel, and hotel occupancy,” said Quirino Ordaz Coppel, Governor of Sinaloa. “Mazatlán is honored to host this historic business-building event that celebrates all that is wonderful in México, and this is an excellent opportunity for our idyllic beach destination to showcase its own renaissance and thriving culture to our respected guests,” Ordaz Coppel added.
The timing could not be better. México’s tourism saw an incredible resurgence in 2017, hosting 39.3 million international visitors – a 12% increase over the record 35.1 million welcomed in 2016. Mazatlán recorded similar growth trends in 2017, with international arrivals increasing 8% from the previous year. The trend has carried over into 2018, and the destination has recently earned accolades from Forbes, TripAdvisor, and American Express Travel.
“As ‘Mazatlecos,’ we are very proud to share our culture, cuisine, and community with the visitors of the world, and we consider Tianguis Túristico to be not only a celebration of México’s attributes but also the recognition of all of the wonderful, hard-working people in the travel and tourism industry we are fortunate to be working with every day,” said Marco Antonio García Castro, Secretary of Tourism. “We are also very excited to have Steve Wosniak, Apple’s co-founder as our keynote speaker. He has a very special relationship with Mexico and we look forward to his thoughts on ‘Tourism and Technology’,” García Castro added.
Some highlights for the week include:
- Saturday, April 14 – Santana in concert at Paseo Olas Altas
- Sunday, April 15 – Opening Ceremony Tianguis Túristico
- Sunday, April 15 – ‘Captains of Industry’ Dinner at Paseo Olas Altas
- Monday, April 16 – Keynote Address by Steve Wozniak, Apple co-founder (Mazatlán International Center)
- Monday, April 16 – Reception: Cultural México – Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Querétaro, San Luis Potosí and
- Zacatecas at Plazuela Machado in Centro Histórico
- Tuesday, April 17 – Passing the Baton Ceremony: Tianguis Turístico 2019, Guerrero
- Wednesday, April 18 – Awards ceremony at Mazatlán International Center